Strong and Active Mayor
- revised and updated budget oversight and planning.
- personally led effort to obtain $600,000 in state grants for new park land
- directed the purchase of new park and recreation lands
- successfully managed administration workforce of 65 while seeing Village through first-ever labor negotiations with both police and fire personnel
- pushed for a comprehensive Park and Recreation plan with clear goals
- encouraged high-quality, environmentally respectful development for our tax base
- led a complete re-mapping of land-use and planning to identify high-priority conservation and development areas
- negotiated with City of Cleveland for expansion of water service
- oversaw largest ever village capital improvements (Brecksville Rd. & Town Hall)
- brought Richfield’s voice to regional organizations (Summit Mayor’s Association, Cuyahoga Valley COG, Northeast Ohio Mayor’s Association )
Long Term Commitment
A Respect for the Past
- born and raised in Richfield. Degrees from Cleveland State, KSU, and Case Western Law School
- 20 years in Village Government: Council 14 yrs. Panning Commission 2 yrs. Mayor 4 yrs.
and a Vision for the Future
- wants to preserve the natural beauty and open spaces in our community
- understands the importance of high-quality, sustainable development for the long-term financial health of our community
- works vigorously to promote long-term planning (utilities and infrastructure, land preservation, and zoning) to balance sustainable development with our natural qualities
The Village of Richfield is a stable, safe and beautiful place to live and raise a family. Village services are superior and taxes have not been raised for fifteen years, nor will they be raised....
The strong position of our community is not the result of happenstance, but comes from strong, forward-looking leadership, and I have been an active part of that leadership for the past 20 years.